As the year winds down, we take a look at the most shared infographics on sales and marketing infographics of 2014.
Share data was gathered from the content marketing tool BuzzSumo. Shared platforms are limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. Click on the images for a full size version of the infographic.
1. The 6 Elements of Persuasion – Everreach
Sales tips from Robert Caldini’s seminal work Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. For businesses, the principles of “reciprocity” and “scarcity” are big factors in the persuasion game. Not surprisingly, trust is also key.
2014 is the 30th anniversary of Influence’s publication.
2. CMOs Are Preparing for Digital to Grow to 75% of Marketing Budgets – AdWeek
A survey of CMOs shows they understand the industry is going digital, but they are still resisting the “digital” label for their companies.
3. 16 Brilliant Marketing Quotes From Don Draper – Inc. via Glow New Media
The best sales and marketing quotes from Mad Men’s Don Draper.
“The day you sign a client is the day you start losing one.”
The first half of Man Men’s final season titled “The Beginning”, began on April 13, 2014, on AMC; the second half, titled “The End of an Era”, premieres in spring 2015.
4. Which Social Media Platforms Drive the Most Sales? – Shopify, eCommerce University
To better understand how social media is impacting the ecommerce industry, Shopify analyzed data from 37 million social media visits that led to 529,000 orders.
Among the findings: Facebook dominates as a source of social traffic. An average of 85% of all orders from social media come from Facebook with a 1.85% conversion rate. Reddit is on the rise, and niche communities like Polyvore are driving the highest order values.
5. Reaching Customers and Boosting Sales: The Anatomy of Content Marketing – Entrepreneur via Content+
A variety of statistics conveying the value of quality social content including quick data points behind why social content has the power to boost sales, improve public perception, and increase searchability.
6. Using User Generated Content To Boost Sales – Marketingland via Offerpop
A short explainer of why you should aggregate customer reactions to your social campaigns and how to measure the results of repurposing UGC (User Generated Content).
7. ‘Me-Commerce’ and Retail’s Future – McKinsey on Marketing & Sales
Demographic shifts, the tech revolution, and the consumer demand for more personalized service are altering the roadmap for the customer decision journey.
8. 7 Easy Fixes for Common Sales Follow Up Problems – Hubspot
Practical, problem-solution insights to chasing prospects based on 1000+ meetings and 15k emails.
9. A Failed Sales Manager Could Cost Your Company $4 Million – Hubspot
Direct and indirect costs of a failed sales manager include lost productivity, poor team engagement, lackluster customer experience, and lost recruitment. All told, Hubspot puts the cost as high as $4 million for a single failed manager.